This episode of AW@L Radio looks at the tendency of free-speech warriors to platform extreme right-wing and hateful speakers, looking at an old example, and a contemporary one.
From:: Grand River Community News
1. Monster Magnet, Rocket Freak
2. T. Rex, Buick Mackane
3. Frank Zappa, San Ber’dino
4. Paul McCartney, Smile Away
5. Judas Priest, Burn In Hell
6. Faces, You’re So Rude
7. Love, Always See Your Face
8. The Rolling Stones, Flight 505
9. Thunderclap Newman, Accidents
10. Robert Plant, Turn It Up
11. Peter Gabriel, Moribund The Burgermeister
12. Genesis, Cul-de-Sac
13. Ian Dury, If I Was With A Woman
14. Elvis Costello, Riot Act
15. Nick Lowe, Big Kick, Plain Scrap!
16. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, When The Time Comes
17. Kraftwerk, Mitternacht
18. Gillan & Glover, Via Miami
19. Paul Rodgers/Jeff Beck, Rollin’ Stone
20. Ten Years After, One Of These Days
21. Deep Purple, Mistreated
22. Led Zeppelin, Tea For One
23. Neil Young, Too Far Gone
The Lost Indie City “Piano” setlist
Joe Jackson – Breaking Us in Two
Ben Folds – Hiroshima
Elvis Costello – Oliver’s Army
Saint Motel – Puzzle Pieces
Waterboys – Old England
Gary Jules – Mad World
Talk Talk – Life’s What You Make It
Heartless Bastards – Into the Open
Possum Dixon – Invisible
LCD Soundsystem – New York, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down
London Grammer – Sights
Tears for Fears – Sea Song
Tom Waits – The Piano Has Been Drinking
Tori Amos – Silent All These Years
Beautiful South – Song for Whoever
Peter Gabriel – Here Comes the Flood
Shriekback – Cradle Song
Depeche Mode – Somebody
Bon Iver – I Can’t Make You Love Me
Kate Bush – The Kick Inside
Noah & The Whale – Tonights the Kind If Night
The Hold Steady – Stuck Between Stations
Mountain Goats – This Year
A Silent Film – You Will Leave a Mark
Damien Rice – 9 Crimes
David Bowie – Life on Mars?
Fridays at 11am you can hear directly from candidates running in the June 7th 2018 provincial election.
30 minutes of unfiltered, uncensored content from the people looking to represent you at Queen’s Park.
What could possibly go wrong? Tune in and find out.
In the 2014 provincial election, only 19.5% of eligible votes were cast for the governing Liberal party.
That means that over 80% of eligible voters did NOT vote for the winner of the last provincial election!
This is not unique to the last election. Results have been similar for the past several elections.
We can blame the electoral system all we want and there is plenty to fix there, but the fact is that over 4.6 MILLION eligible voters did not vote in 2014. That is almost 1 out of every 2 eligible voters failing to cast a valid vote.
So what can you do? VOTE! This is the #1 thing you can do. It’s free and it is your responsibility as a citizen. Go do it.
Start here: eregistration.elections.on.ca
What else can you do? Tell your friends and family you are a voter, and encourage them to be one too! Voting is contagious, spread it around.
Still here? Good! Inform yourself. Find out about the candidates in your riding. You are electing someone to represent YOU in the government. Find out what your options are, learn about the candidates, ask them questions.
Remember, if you do not vote, then you are handing your vote to whoever wins.
Vote For Me 6-7-18 airs Fridays 11-1130am starting April 27th 2018, and every Friday until the Ontario election on June 7th 2018.
A post-election recap final will air on June 8th 2018.
Tune in at radiowaterloo.ca/listen, Rogers Digital 946 or locally on 102.7FM.
You can access 30 minutes of free airtime to speak directly to the voters.
Connect with all voters in your riding directly. You will have 30 minutesof free airtime on CKMS 102.7FM – Radio Waterloo.
Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed during the Vote For Me 6-7-18 broadcasts are solely those of the speaker. CKMS does not specifically endorse any candidate appearing on this show.
1. Queen, Rock It (Prime Jive)
2. AC/DC, Kicked In The Teeth
3. The Rolling Stones, Turd On The Run
4. The Who, Shakin’ All Over (live, 1968 at Fillmore East)
5. Rod Stewart, Stone Cold Sober (request)
6. Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound (request)
7. Jefferson Airplane, Plastic Fantastic Lover
8. George Harrison, Not Guilty (1979 version, 1968 version written at the time of The Beatles’ White Album appeared on The Beatles’ Anthology 3)
9.Bob Seger, Come To Poppa
10. Van Morrison, Big Time Operators
11. The Stooges, Down On The Street
12. Muddy Waters/Mick Jagger/Keith Richards/Ron Wood/Buddy Guy/Junior Wells/Lefty Dizz, Mannish Boy (live at the Checkerboard Lounge, 1981)
13. Deep Purple, Wrong Man
14. Free, The Stealer
15. The Monkees, Zilch/No Time
16. Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lodi
17. David Bowie, Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud
18. Billy Joel, Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
19. Eric Clapton with Steve Winwood, Presence Of The Lord (live)
20. Traffic, Every Mother’s Son
21. The Allman Brothers Band, In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (live)
Featuring the CKMS strobe light!
Show NEW: The Marble Index play The Casbah in Hamilton May 11 & 12
Feature YouTube Page: Cara Leigh
New Music By:
Robot Apocalypse, Mounties Band and A Perfect Circle.
Previous episodes are available here
Kevin converses with his guests about topics of interest to the host & relevant to the community.
Kevin takes the time to ask, to listen, to hear.
In Studio With Kevin airs Fridays at 1230pm-130pm on CKMS 102.7FM – Radio Waterloo
Kevin’s goal is to invite people he admires or finds intriguing to be a guest on his show. If that might be you or if your name is Elon Musk or Jonathan Davis, you can email InStudioWithKevin@gmail.com