The show opens with a quick review of the upcoming supreme court decision on the lack of consultation with Chippewas of the Thames First Nation regarding the line 9 pipeline.
While sticking with pipelines, we jump to the climate change fueled fires raging across the western turtle island, first with a vancouver.mediacoop.ca posting laying out the demands from the Working group on indigenous food sovereignty that Kinder Morgan shut down the oil and gas pipelines running through Secwepemc lands. (http://vancouver.mediacoop.ca/newsrelease/36568)
After Ancient Grains cover of The Rebel Spell’s Last Call, we read an article from APTN news where the members of the Tl’etinqox First Nation defied Canadian government orders to evacuate their reserve to defend it against he raging fires. Chief Joe Alphonse, told APTN that officers from the RCMP threatened the First Nation that the Ministry of Children and Family Services “remove all the children” if the Indigenous community did not evacuate. Also worried their infrastructure would never be rebuilt, the Bonaparte Indian Band also defied evacuation orders to successfully fight off the fire from destroying the community. (http://aptnnews.ca/2017/07/13/chief-says-rcmp-threatened-to-call-in-chil…)
1. The Rolling Stones, Can You Hear The Music
2. The Rolling Stones, I Go Wild
3. David Bowie, Time
4. Elton John, Blues For My Baby And Me
5. Judas Priest, Exciter
6. Jethro Tull, Hot Mango Flush
7. Steely Dan, King Of The World
8. Rod Stewart, That’s All Right
9. Roxy Music, Both Ends Burning
10. Rush, A Passage To Bangkok (live)
11. James Gang, Take A Look Around
12. The Wailers, Burnin’ And Lootin’
13. David Gilmour, There’s No Way Out Of Here
14. Martha And The Muffins, This Is The Ice Age
15. The Beatles, Cry Baby Cry
16. Syd Barrett, Opel
17. Bruce Springsteen, Stolen Car
18. Neil Young, Barstool Blues
19. Pete Townshend/Ronnie Lane, My Baby Gives It Away
20. Genesis, Stagnation
21. Joe Jackson, Cosmopolitan
22. Procol Harum, Quite Rightly So
23. The Allman Brothers Band, Rockin’ Horse
Get yer thinkin’ cap and dancin’ shoes on cuz Rebel Time Radio is here once again to fill yer earholes with political punk rock! Dan and Mike spin some of best tunes in the known universe including Limp Wrist, SNFU, 22 Long Riffs, and The Nasties! Plus they feature a new tune from Propagandhi. Now hit play! NOW!!!! CAPS LOCK!!!11!!
Rebel Time Radio is now on iTunes! Subscribe here! Or search for us on another one of your favorite podcatcher and get Rebel Time Radio delivered right to your device thing! Do us a favour eh and give us a five star rating so that Rebel Time can spread punk rock tunes to all corners of the world.
Want to get in touch? Tell us about your awesome band or shower us with compliments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Flash And The Pan, Restless
2. The Rolling Stones, Soul Survivor
3. Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Parts I and II
4. Santana, You Just Don’t Care
5. Van Halen, D.O.A.
6. Deep Purple, A Castle Full Of Rascals
7. Pete Townshend, Exquisitely Bored
8. Peter Frampton, I Wanna Go To The Sun (live)
9. Rory Gallagher, Shin Kicker
10. Pink Floyd, Fearless
11. Jethro Tull, Black Satin Dancer
12. Small Faces, The Universal
13. Little Feat, Skin It Back
14. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, What Are You Doin’ In My Life?
15. Edgar Winter, Save The Planet
16. Johnny Winter, Highway 61 Revisited
17. Weather Report, A Remark You Made
18. Tom Waits, 16 Shells From A Thirty-Ought Six
19. Love Sculpture (Dave Edmunds), Sabre Dance (11 minute version)
20. The Incredible String Band, A Very Cellular Song
This is Bald Boy. I host a classic rock album cuts show — So Old It’s New — on 102.7 Sound FM Radio, airing 8-10 pm Mondays. The show’s premise: Old bands, old tracks, old bands, their new tracks if they’re still releasing music. Mostly 1960s and 70s stuff, the era in which I grew up. But I’ll go with 80s, 90s, 2000s as well – Guns ‘N Roses, The Cult, Wolfmother, REM, you name it. Prog and (70s) punk, too. Or whatever else strikes my fancy.
And I’ll play the occasional single you likely have not heard on commercial rock radio in many a moon, which is what prompted this show – my frustration with commercial rock radio not going beyond the same repetitive fare from the Stones, Zep, Purple and the like.
So with me, you’ll get the Stones’ Fingerprint File, not Start Me Up. You’ll get Zep’s Achilles Last Stand, not Stairway To Heaven. I publish all my set lists here and also on Facebook (search for Bald Boy) and Twitter (Karlo Berkovich), including song clips.
This episode of AW@L Radio (recorded June 30, 2017), opens with a quick rant about Trudeau’s massive increases to canada’s military budget, and a brief chat about local ripening fruits. For the remainder of the show, we are joined by Dr. Stephen Svenson for a discussion around #canada150 and the lingering “unproductive fictions” that deal with the establishment of this settler colonial state and which lay the foundation of racist canadian nationalism. Throughout the discussion we swing back to the question of “what are we celebrating?” when people choose to celebrate canada. “canada’s creation story, as it were, is genocidal maniacs trying to wipe the indigenous people off the map.” – @DocSvenson
This episode of AW@L Radio (recorded June 30, 2017), opens with a quick rant about Trudeau’s massive increases to canada’s military budget, and a brief chat about local ripening fruits.
For the remainder of the show, we are joined by Dr. Stephen Svenson for a discussion around #canada150 and the lingering “unproductive fictions” that deal with the establishment of this settler colonial state and which lay the foundation of racist canadian nationalism. Throughout the discussion we swing back to the question of “what are we celebrating?” when people choose to celebrate canada.
“canada’s creation story, as it were, is genocidal maniacs trying to wipe the indigenous people off the map.” – @DocSvenson
Here it is folks: The 13th episode of MyAudioFace, from our July 12th 2017 broadcast.
We played Lotek Cruiser and Big Durty songs, plus a bit of a pre-Metallica show thing with Volbeat, A7X, Met and more.